- I would prefer to be an honest failure than to be a corrupt success.
- Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try.
- In the search for me, I discovered the truth. In the search for truth, I discovered love. In the search for love, I discovered God. And in God, I have found everything.
- As we sail through life, don’t avoid storms and rough waters. Just let it pass. Just sail. Always remember, calm seas never make skillful sailors.
- The most important thing in any game is not to win but to take part. Similarly, the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well.
- When you make a mistake, don’t look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.
- People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did. But people will never forget, how you made them feel.
- Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.