The Jay Lamont Compilation … great impressionist
I was so impressed with his bit in Def Comedy Jam. I’ve seen lots of great impressionists but doing and impression of a singer is something else. His Luther Vandross is just sooooo cray cray! Oh and he does sound-effects and beatboxes too.
Jay Lamont – Def Comedy Jam
Jay Lamont – Doing Michael MacDonald, Patti LaBelle, Anita Baker, Luther Vandross & Al Green
Jay Lamont Live fm VA Demo
JAY LAMONT MAY.29.1995 STAND UP (doing Shabba Ranx, Country Music, Beatbox)
Miracles of Engineering in Peru: Drinking Water Out of a Billboard
LIMA – Peru’s University of Engineering and Technology (UTEC) was about to open the applications for the period 2013, so they needed to get students’ attention.
Lima, the capital, and its surrounding villages such as Bujama are located in the coastal deserts of Peru. In these places, there were many people suffering from the lack of clean and potable water.
“Here in Bujama district most of us draw water from the well. It’s not nice and it’s polluted,” said Francisco Quilca, a Bujama’s district resident.
The rain in this region is almost zero, but its atmospheric humidity is about 98%. Inspired by this, UTEC built the first billboard that produces drinking water out of the air. The billboard has unique technology that captures the air humidity and turns it into drinking water.
“Each generator captures the air humidity and from there it goes to a reverse osmosis system. Each tank stores about 5.28 gallons of water. These 5 generators purify the vital liquid and its total is gathered in one tank,” said one of UTEC’s engineers involved in the project.
The billboard has already produced about 2,496.42 gallons of drinking water in a 3 month period, an amount that equals the water consumption of hundreds of families per month.
“They could put this in different places. If possible in every village, in each town, so water is generated through these billboards. The water really gives us life,” added Quilca.
You Can Heal Your Life by Louise L. Hay
I picked this one up thanks to the smart people book club. Right off the bat I can recommend it as the best stepping stone to self-awareness, improvement and getting to know yourself better. It’s got all the important tidbits from all the books and audios I’ve listened to so far. She covers all aspects of our lives, past, present and future. You get to understand a lot of your problems have something to do with things you’ve not got closure on or not feeling deserving. That was one of the biggest message in the book, so simple but so neglected. The table of contents will give you a better idea of what the book as to offer.
- She talks about why would someone spend so much time writing a book. It becomes part of them and similarly why we spend so much time reading certain books.
- When theres is a problem, there is not something to do, there is something to know.
- Lots of self talk, self-analysis, affirmations and visualisations.
- The chapter where she connects the dis-ease/symptoms to the problem didn’t settle well with me. I need proof of research!
- Something about the next time I get a migraine I should masturbate even though I wont be in the mood… so I might get back to you on that one.
- Chain of events e.g. When you smoke you might be smoking because of the relationship you’re in. Soon as you stop smoking you realise it was a way to ‘ignore’ the relationship problems… etc etc.
- I found her story a bit too frou-frou for me.
- The day the book club met, Ester talked about her experience which gave me a missing piece in one of my puzzles so yay to that.
Part I – Introduction
Suggestions to My Readers
Some Points of My Philosophy
Chapter 1 What I Believe
Part II – A Session with Louise
Chapter 2 What Is the Problem?
Chapter 3 Where Does It Come From?
Chapter 4 Is It True?
Chapter 5 What Do We Do Now?
Chapter 6 Resistance to Change
Chapter 7 How to Change
Chapter 8 Building the New
Chapter 9 Daily Work
Part III – Putting These Ideas to Work
Chapter 10 Relationships
Chapter 11 Work
Chapter 12 Success
Chapter 13 Prosperity
Chapter 14 The Body
Chapter 15 The List
Part IV – Conclusion
Chapter 16 My Story
Deep at the Center
Holistic Healing Recommendations
Also by Louise L. Hay
About Louise L. Hay